Package of Prevention is a non-profit organization committed to educating people about the importance of cancer prevention and early detection. Through seminars, talks and health awareness events, Package of Prevention empowers all people - regardless of age, race, gender or income level - to make informed decisions about their health in order to decrease their chances of being diagnosed with cancer.
Courtney H. Smith founded Package of Prevention in her early twenties shortly after losing her mother to both breast cancer and leukemia. Ms. Smith founded the organization after completing her M.A. in Communication Management in 2006 and her B.A in Communication in 2005, both at the University of Southern California.
Our mission is to increase the number of individuals being regularly screened for cancer each year by encouraging them to be proactive and educated when it comes to their health.
- To encourage the general public to educate themselves about their health and the available preventive measures
- To encourage the general public to be proactive patients. This means:
- - To be aware of their general family health history
- - To ask their physician about regular screenings and questions about their health
- To stimulate public discussion about cancer prevention and early detection measures, and alleviate the fear of talking about cancer
- To ensure all individuals receive information about cancer prevention regardless of their economic level, age, gender, race, or ethnicity
Package of Prevention is dedicated to educating all individuals about cancer prevention and early detection regardless of age, race, gender, or income level. At Package of Prevention, we feel that it is necessary to educate people about cancer prevention at a young age, because cancer can strike anyone at anytime. We also believe children and grandchildren of at-risk groups can play a significant role in communicating the importance of cancer prevention to their loved ones and elders.